AaaS: Analytics as a Service
Providing on-demand data analytics capabilities for improved decision making in any domain.
The main CLAaaS (Cloud-based Analytics as a Service) components are the set of front-end portals and the core computing platform hosting the back end components. The compute and storage clusters imply scalable cloud resources that are used by CLAaaS as needed. The components are classified into 3 main modules as follows:
- Service Management Components - the SLA Manager, Security Manager, User Manager and Service Manager perform service management tasks. The Service manager oversees requests, maintains session information and coordinates teh functions of the different components. The SLA manager hands SLA negotiation for different levels of services and user groups and monitors SLA compliance. The User Manager handles registration of users, maintenance of user accounts and definition and authorization of user groups.
- Workflow Management Components - The Workflow manager helps the user to create (or modify) a workflow or to modify which is deployed by the Deployment Manager on cloud resources provisioned by the Cloud Resource Manager. The workflow is executed transparently on the cloud using cloud resources. The Data Manager helps users in managing, importing and linking data sources, and specifying data dictionaries, metadata and ontology. Assistance for design and deployment of workflows for different data domains is provided by the Recommender. The Visualization manager helps users to design templates for viewing data and results of the analysis. The Collaboration Manager provides tools for offline messaging or live collaboration among members of a user group.
- Data Management Components - The analytic and data processing software suite and the three data stores all perform data management or processing tasks. The software suite can consist of proprietary and custom data processing or query application software including external data or software services.
- F. Zulkernine, P. Martin, Y. Zou, M. Bauer, F. Gwadry-Sridhar and A. Aboulnaga. Cloud-based Analytics-as-a-Service (CLAaaS) for Big Data Analytics in the Cloud. Proc of IEEE 2013 Big Data Congress, June 2013.
- Patrick Martin, Farhana Zulkernine, Shadi Khalifa, Azadeh Ektekhari, Behrooz Ashtiani, Dan Rope, Mike McRoberts and Craig Statchuk, Analytics-as-a-Service: Confluence of Big Data, Cloud Computing and Software-as-a-Service, In Proc. First International Workshop of Advancement from Confluence of Emerging Technologies (ACET), 18-20 November 2013, Markham, Ontario, Canada.
- SOCIP 2nd year anniversary news release